8 Signs You Need an Eye Exam
Protecting your vision is very important, but it does require proactive steps. If you have any of these signs, it’s time for an eye exam with an optometrist in Jacksonville.
Eye health is one of the most important things to keep a priority, but it is also one of the most overlooked. Some people feel if they are not experiencing anything out of the ordinary, they don’t need to have an eye exam. However, that is not the case. Your eye health can be damaged without you even knowing it. If you begin to notice any of these eight signs, you need to schedule an eye exam as soon as possible with one of our VAL-Uvision locations in Jacksonville.
1. Eye Discomfort – One sign that you have something wrong with your eyes are persistent red, dry or itchy eyes. While these can be caused by things like allergies or the presence of dust or smoke, they can also be signs of a deeper problem. “Floaters” or persistent spots in your vision are also signs that it’s time to make an appointment with an optometrist.
2. Diabetes and Other Health Conditions – Diabetes affects your health in a myriad of ways. One of those is damage to your vision. Other health conditions that can cause degenerating eye health include glaucoma. Even if you don’t have a family history of these conditions, make an appointment with an optometrist in Jacksonville.
3. When Was your Last One? – If you can’t remember the last time you had your vision checked, or you do and it’s been a couple of years, it’s time to schedule an appointment.
4. Headaches and Blurred Vision – Headaches can be symptoms of vision problems. Blurred vision is certainly a sign that something is wrong. If you experience either of these symptoms, it’s time to have your eyes checked.
5. Nighttime Driving – If you find that driving at night has become difficult, you may have vision problems that need to be treated.
6. Motion Sickness – While many people are prone to motion sickness, it can also be a sign of vision issues. In addition, dizziness and difficulty following a moving object are all signs it’s time to have your eyes checked.
7. Problems Reading – If you have to hold a book, magazine, or newspaper far away from your face; or find yourself squinting to read, it’s probably past time to have an eye exam.
8. Noticeable Changes – If you have any noticeable changes to your vision, it’s important to have your eyes examined by an optometrist in Jacksonville, particularly if you have recently suffered head trauma.
If you experience any of these symptoms, contact VAL-Uvision for an eye exam.Leave a reply