Reasons For Eye Exams in Jacksonville, FL
Eye exams can help save the vision of patients young and old. At Val-U Vision in Jacksonville, Florida, we firmly believe that members of our community should have a comprehensive eye exam once annually. Understanding the value of an eye exam can help you take care of your eyes.
Who Should Get Eye Exams
Everyone benefits from eye exams! You should get an annual eye exam if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Babies. Babies should start getting eye exams when they are around one year old, or sooner than that if they display signs of poor eye health. This helps eye doctors catch eye problems early. Some problems identified in babies can even be reversed.
- Children. When children reach school age, they should get an eye exam annually because poor vision and eye diseases can prevent children from performing well at school.
- Adults. Eye problems can develop suddenly, even in adulthood. When this happens, this can affect an adult’s ability to drive and do well at their job.
- Seniors. Seniors are at higher risk for eye problems than younger adults. Getting an eye exam annually can help the eye doctor identify eye diseases in their early treatable stages.
Reasons to Get An Eye Exam
When eye doctors inspect their patients, they look for many common conditions, including:
- Eye disease. There are a variety of eye diseases that can affect patients at any time, including glaucoma and cataracts. These conditions can have a significant negative impact on the quality of life of the affected patient. By checking for these problems on a regular basis, your eye doctor can catch conditions early, and may be able to stop the condition from progressing.
- Near-sightedness and far-sightedness. Many people who experience these conditions don’t realize that they have a vision problem. All the same, these conditions can make everyday life difficult, leading to accidents and injuries.
- Diabetic retinopathy. This condition affects people who have been diagnosed with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. While the early symptoms are so mild that they may be difficult to notice, it can eventually cause blindness if not treated early enough. To prevent this problem from advancing, people who have been diagnosed with diabetes should never skip eye appointments.
Contact Your Eye Doctor at Val-U Vision for an Appointment In Jacksonville
At Val-U Vision, we’re proud to be the preferred optometrists in Jacksonville. For more information about how you can get an eye exam in Jacksonville, contact us today. We’ll be happy to make you an appointment for a comprehensive eye exam. If you’re diagnosed with a condition that requires glasses or contact lenses, we’ll also be happy to help you get the right corrective lenses for your needs.Leave a reply